Home Marketing Plan for any Environment
I am 100% certain you can sell your house during this shutdown. The market in real estate is stronger than ever right now for sellers, because we have never seen such a low number of listings. Typically this time of year the number of homes for sale doubles but right now it has been cut in half. The buyer demand is strong and that means anyone who puts their home on the market has very little competition. Last month I sold a home in 3 days and last week I put another under contract in less than 24hrs. I'm working on putting another on the market right now and I fully expect the same results.
I just have to use social distancing as much as possible right now so I've changed to virtual open houses and unassisted showings. Fortunately, I've been using a lot of tools for years that work very well in todays environment. Here is my marketing plan that I use on every listing with no cost to the seller:
- Professional Photography - This is where it all starts, 36 magazine grade photos will be used almost everything else.
- Single Property Website - Professionally designed, viewable on all types of devices, and easily shared on social media. The benefit here is that your home is the only one showcased.
- Just Listed eFlyer - I'll send this out to a list I have built over the years of past clients, current clients, and future clients. You can send it to friends, family, and the neighbors.
- Two Property Tours - First I'll make one with the professional photos that will be a slide show with music. The second will be one that I shoot with my 360 camera, it allows folks to self tour the property and zoom in on items of interest. Both will be attached to the mls listing and we can share the links.
- Print Advertising - I'll put an ad in Boston Magazine. As a regional expert I know that most of the buyers in the area come from Mass. Boston Magazine has a paid subscription base of over 600,000 and Coldwell Banker has a real estate section in the magazine where folks are actively looking for homes like yours.
- TV and Youtube Promotion - Every Sunday at 1pm ABC in Boston airs the Coldwell Banker program - At Home in New England and you will have a narrated spot. Again we are focusing on the area where most buyers for your home live. The spot will also be added to our Youtube channel.
- Property Brochures - I typically hand these out at an open house, but today I send them to anyone interested in the property and at showings. They highlight the home and are meant to be seen when buyers are with their realtors writing up offers so the buyers are focused on the best features.
- Mailed Neighborhood Announcements - Over sized postcards highlighting your property directly mailed to 100 of the closest neighbors.
- Targeted Online Ads - I will put out a just listed post on my facebook page and also create paid ads that use geographic, demographic, and behavioral targeting on several online platforms and social media. These will run for one week.
- Area Realtor Notification - We have a contact list of all the area realtors and they will be notified that your home has come on the market.
- Online Property Syndication - All mls listings get automatically syndicated to sites like Zillow and Realtor.com and 100's of others, but because of Coldwell Banker's clout ours are all premium listings on those sites and appear at the top.
- Virtual Open House - I'll host a virtual meeting where I can take people through the house and answer live questions.
- Seller Update - This is for you. A detailed report outlining everything I do to maximize your home's exposure.